963 Coffee Fundraiser

963 Coffee Fundraiser
40% of your purchases go to support our adoption! It's simple. Click on the picture. The link takes you to our 963 affiliate website. Place an order, and our adoption fund receives 40% of the purchase!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Nothing new

That title is a bit misleading...in a house with a 3 year old and a 22 month old there is ALWAYS something new! However, on the adoption front we have heard NOTHING new. I've e-mailed again and haven't heard anything and I keep thinking that our fingerprint appointment letter will be in the mail any day but each day I check and each day there is nothing there. I think of topics daily to blog about but am never sitting at the computer at the time they occur to me so no blogging has taken place. So I thought I'd post something...anything to keep the blog up to date. I know God knows where our paperwork is and who has it and every day is a day He has ordained for us to wait to lead us perfectly to the exact child He has planned to be part of our family. I'm just finding it a little humorous (in an irritatingly frustrating way) that we know other people are getting through this hurdle without delay and this is not the step we thought we'd be stuck on but such is the nature of international adoption. I'm learning to just live in the moment and to fully appreciate where we are right now.

SO...right now we are on the brink of Wyatt turning 2 and becoming quite independent. He's always heard telling me "WALK" when we go anywhere or "I do it". He's very laid back (as long as he gets some "I do it" time) and a ton of fun to hang out with. He'll ask for candy or donuts or whatever I shouldn't allow the kids to eat and I'll tell him no and he'll say "okay"...like "whatever...no big deal either way...I'm just goin' with the flow"...what child gives up that easily? He's always happy (unless Oliver has decided to hide his paci or steal his blankie or forcefully ask him to play in his room with him). The two of them together are a hoot...Oliver does NOT understand that Wyatt can't fully understand every request he makes so Oliver will ask Wyatt to do something like play with him in his room and then he'll tell Wyatt what the answer should be. Like this...Oliver: "Wyatt, do you want to play in my room with me?" Wyatt: stares Oliver: "Say yes" Wyatt: "yes" And off they go. They usually play pretty well together (unless above mentioned antics are taking place) and I'm thinking they'll be good friends. Oliver is also great at asking me everyday after I check the mail if the "letter about the baby" came today. I'm sure he's thinking...why are we always talking about this baby? What letter? Oh Oliver...hopefully one day soon you'll have another sibling to boss around and put words in their mouth for them and hide their pacis. In the meantime...we'll enjoy being right where we are...nothing new!

No comments: