963 Coffee Fundraiser

963 Coffee Fundraiser
40% of your purchases go to support our adoption! It's simple. Click on the picture. The link takes you to our 963 affiliate website. Place an order, and our adoption fund receives 40% of the purchase!

Monday, February 15, 2010

Ran Austin

Well, it feels good to officially be a half marathon finisher! Never thought that would be something I wanted to accomplish but am glad to know I can do it! Training for 15 weeks give or take helped immensely. And when people mention the hills in Austin, they are NOT kidding. Those things were ginormous at times! I saw a few of them when we were driving around town the two nights before the half marathon but not knowing how many and what was around the corner helped a lot. I'm not sure if I could do it again now that I know how big those hills are and the fact that one of the biggest hills comes up in mile 12 doesn't help either! However, the weather was beautiful (sunny and a nice 45 degrees) and the scenery was enjoyable. Josh was the perfect running partner. He's having some IT band issues and got a cortisone shot on Thursday before the race just so he could run with me. Apparently it didn't help any but he didn't complain unless I asked him about it. He's quite the pleasing husband! And on mile 5 when my head phones broke he took his off and gave them to me. Fantastic Valentine's day gift if I do say so myself! We loved seeing my parents, our boys, my brother and sister-in-law and their two girls at mile 8 at the top of a friendly hill! That was a nice treat! And we finished in 2 hours 10 minutes which made me happy. Don't know if I could ever run 13.1 more miles to complete a marathon but I never thought I would run this many either. The idea of turning around at the finish line and re-tracing our steps is a little daunting! So glad I was only doing the half when we split off from the marathoners! Who knows...maybe next year!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Once again, I'm so proud of you Autumn!! Way to go!! Your time was amazing!!! Maybe we'll run one together soon!! xoxoxoxoxoxo Love to Wyatt & Oliver!!