963 Coffee Fundraiser

963 Coffee Fundraiser
40% of your purchases go to support our adoption! It's simple. Click on the picture. The link takes you to our 963 affiliate website. Place an order, and our adoption fund receives 40% of the purchase!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Great is His faithfulness...

Today we heard some potentially troubling news about the US Embassy in Ethiopia and the process moving forward. We did not hear details and continue to wait until tomorrow when our paperwork is supposed to be submitted for further information on when we might potentially be allowed an interview to get her visa to bring her home. There are 3 families there right now who traveled on faith and are praying to have an interview tomorrow to get their children's visas and right now they still do not have confirmation of an appointment. They will be showing up and hoping for the best. We found all of this out on our agency's yahoo group for families in the process of adopting. They posted and said that received bad news about their Embassy appointments today and they are asking for prayers for tomorrow. Then another family in Ethiopia for a court date posted that these 3 families have run into some Embassy problems and these problems might exist for families behind them also (that would be us). ALL OF THIS to say that of course we will be praying for them and we will ask you to pray for them...that God would smooth their way and go before them and allow Embassy officials tomorrow to clear them to travel home with their children.

And now I will say this...this information today has thrown me today...shaken me off of my "paperwork high" from yesterday. I lost my footing for a few hours this morning and allowed the enemy to steal my joy and leave me gazing at circumstances while I glanced at God. And then I realized that we still know NOTHING...we aren't even supposed to be submitted until TOMORROW. There is no amount of worrying that will make it turn out how I want it to turn out. And then I remembered how God has shown himself faithful time and time again...throughout my life much less in this adoption journey. TIME and TIME again! Praise God, yes? HE IS FAITHFUL! He holds the universe in His hands and He already knows the outcome! He doesn't need me to worry...in fact all He asks is that I come to Him and lay it down. All I have to do is lay my burden at His feet and He's got it! If someone told me today that President Obama was going to call the US Embassy in Ethiopia and talk with officials there specifically about our adoption and our friends' cases do you think I would be worried? And if that information would calm my nerves then shouldn't knowing that THE GOD OF THE UNIVERSE has taken care of this and will see us through be enough for me to not worry? Oh, we're so fragile and naive and mistaken sometimes...I am weak but I am glad that my God does not leave me this way and is right there to whisper in my ear when I need to hear Him speak. I am praying that you hear God speak to you today in whatever way you need to hear Him. And I am also praying that we will continue to gaze at God and glance at circumstances.

Lamentations 3:22-24
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

Thank you for your prayers...we will update you when we know more.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Autumn,
I've so loved reading your story and realizing your courage and faith as you document it here. I've been following along here and there, but never commented like I wanted because of this or that. I just wanted to tell you thank you for sharing and writing your journey.

Zadie is an absolutely gorgeous baby (those eyes!) and I'm sending my greatest hopes and prayers that you bring her home on the 5th!

Congratulations to your family!
What a lucky baby girl! What a lucky family of four to grow to five!